AAAD ALUMNI ASSOCIATION 2022
AAAD Alumni Association was formed on 23rd July, 2022 at AAAD Open Air Theatre in the presence of chief Guest Ar. Naresh V. Narasimhan, Principal Architect at Venkataramanan associates and Guest of Honour Ar. Vidyadhar. S Wodeyar, Principal Architect – M/S Arch Plan and Former Chairman – IIA-KA Chapter.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS LIST
Ar. Arunachal Hombali
B. Arch, M Arch (Urban Design)
|1||President||Ar. Sreevarun||2015- 2020|
|2||Vice president||Ar. Spurthi Gangatkar||2015- 2020|
|3||Ar. Shuba Shree Vasu||2016- 2021|
|4||Treasurer||Ar. Rahul G||2016- 2021|
|5||Secretary||Ar. Keerthana N||2016- 2021|
|6||Joint secretary||Ar. Shalom Deepika David||2017- 2022|
|7||Ar. Thejesh P||2017- 2022|
|8||Executive member||Ar. Darshan A Jain||2015- 2020|
|9||Ar. Rajesh L||2016- 2021|
|10||Ar. Keerthana G Prasad||2016- 2021|
|11||Ar. Ganesh CP||2017- 2022|
|12||Ar. Sama Hasan||2017- 2022|
- To promote a feeling of brotherhood among the members.
- To bring the old students in touch with the present students.
- To create, foster and maintain union, friendship and fellowship among the old students of the college.
- To encourage and foster the interest of the old students in the present day activities of the college.
- To provide inspiration and guidance to the students of the college, through the experience and achievements of the old students.
- To cooperate with the college management for the betterment of college and students.
- To arrange and to provide charitable funds to the deserving, needy students of the hostel and to render financial or other aid towards widening the scope of usefulness of the hostel whenever necessary.
- To annually celebrate the present students’ day.
- Serving as a forum to promote and foster the relationship between the alumni, the present students, the staff and the management of the college/college with basic objects of exchange of ideas, which, besides being mutually beneficial, will generally help in achieving excellence and professional competence and contribute to improve the quality of life.
- Conducting technical update programmes, arranging lectures by eminent persons, circulating a newsletter periodically that is necessary from time to time to maintain continuous contact and fellowship with present and future Alumni.
- To arrange cultural, literary and sports activities amongst Alumni.
- To institute Scholarships, Revolving Loan Fund, prizes/medals, etc. for the deserving students.
- To bring about contact between the past and present by holding periodical Alumni day celebrations and any other means as may be decided upon by the Association from time to time.
- To institute and award fellowships, scholarships, stipends, travel grants or otherwise support students and research scholars to encourage them to devote themselves to scientific pursuits.
- To award present Architecture Students for best design for all the batches.
- To arrange and hold seminars, conferences, synopsis, lectures, workshops and seminar academic activities.
- To honor and present awards to distinguished alumni of the department.
- To conduct Architectural Design juries for present students and give them practical exposure towards Architecture.
- To undertake training and other related programs to disseminate information on Architecture.
- To undertake or to do all other things, which may include similar, corresponding, supporting, correlated, incidental, necessary matters which may be found by the Executive Committee from time to time to be conducive for the achievement of all/any of the objects stated above.
- To help present students to carry on with site visits of relevant topics.
2. The income of the Association by whatever means shall be utilized for the objects of the
Association and shall not be distributed among its members or anybody.
3. The President of the Association is authorized to correspond with the Registrar of Societies.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- a. Any person aged about 18 years and has obtained and pays prescribed life membership subscription and fees, as applicable, shall be eligible to become a member of Association.
- b. The Association membership shall be as follows:-
a. Life Membership Fees Rs. 1000-00
b. Annual Membership Fees Rs. 500-00
- c. All members of the Association are eligible to vote and contest to the managing committee in the General Body Meeting.
- d. If the subscription of the member is in arrears for more than three months without satisfactory explanation to the Secretary, his/her name will be removed and the Executive Committee may reconsider his/her application for readmission of membership.
- e. The termination of membership on death, the member acting against the objects of the Association unsound mind and other reasons stated by the executive committee.
- f. All members may take part in the proceedings of the General meeting. Only such members who have completed a minimum period of 6 months as members shall exercise their vote.
2. INFORMATION REQUIRED BY THE MEMERS:-
Any member of the Association may apply to the Secretary for any information as may be required or any matter of the subjects or Rules and Regulations of the Association.
3. GENERAL BODY AND OTHER MEETING:-
- a. A general body meeting of the Association will be held annually during the month of June.
- b. The report of the Management of the previous years working and the audited accounts for the one period and proceedings year shall be discussed and submitted for confirmation.
- c. An executive committee consisting of 12 members shall be elected in the General body meeting once in three years.
- d. The secretary may call for a General body meeting for which 21 days’ notice shall be given to the members.
- e. The executive committee shall meet once in a month for which the Secretary shall give notice of 7 days to the members.
- f. Voting shall be conducted by show of hands or Secret Ballot.
- g. 21 days clear notice for the annual general body meeting and 21 days’ notice for the Special General body meeting shall be given, and the subject matters to be discussed shall be stated in the notice.
- h. Special General body meeting shall convene as per Sec. 11 (3) of the K.S.R Act, 1960
The quorum of the General body meeting shall be 2/3rd of the total membership of the Association.
- a. The Official year of the Association shall be from 1" April to 31 March.
- b. The assets and liabilities of the balance sheet of the Association shall be laid before the Annual General Body meeting for confirmation.
- c. Such a balance sheet and the list of Committee members shall be filed with the Registrar of Societies as per Sec. 13 of the K.S.R. Act, 1960.
An Auditor shall be appointed annually and the remuneration shall be fixed by the members in the Annual General Body meeting.
7. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
- a. To ensure and promote the primary aims and objectives of the Association
b. To publish Annual reports/accounts.
c. To operate funds and manage the property of the Association and to present the duly audited accounts at Annual general body meeting.
d. In the event of any office bearer laying down office for whatever reasons, the Managing committee can co-opt any member considered suitable for the office for the remaining period of the tenure or till elections are held.
e. To ensure utilization of income towards promoting the objectives of the Association
f. May decide to expel a member of the Managing committee or member of the Association in case anyone is convicted of any criminal offense, or prove insanity or any member's action in contravention to the Byelaws.
g. To accept from Government, Non-Government, Local Bodies, Societies, NRI, Banks (Nationalized/Co-operative) and individuals Grants, Donations, Loans, Subscriptions or any property movable or immovable for furtherance of the objectives of the Association
h. At any meeting of the Executive committee each member present will have one vote except the President who shall have in addition a casting vote. Voting may be raising of hands or Secret Ballot.
i. To ensure that all monetary transaction are through objectives of the Association
j. Managing committee shall have power to appeal and raise funds and fulfill formalities incumbent upon it.
k. The Executive committee may appoint a committee. Sub-committee with such powers deemed fit by this body for the purpose of incommensurate with objectives. The committee, Sub-committee may co-opt persons who are members of the Association.
l. Executive committee may invite to their meetings not more than two specialists/experts who may be non-members of the Association whose presence with the deliberations is considered useful.
m. To open a bank account in the name of the Association in Scheduled /Nationalized/ Co-operative/ Scheduled bank, Private finance Association and operate as President and Secretary of the Association.
n. Executive committee shall arrange for the publication in any manner Association journal, documents as may be considered fit in the furtherance of its objectives.
o. To make the rules and Bylaws and get approved.
p. To acquire or purchase, take on lease, hire or by gift or other wise and hold any moveable or immovable property or properties or any right or privileges that may be deemed necessary or useful for the advancement of the objects of the Association
q. The Governing Body shall not admit members during the last three months of its tenure.
Any member who is desirous of standing for the election as a member to the council of management shall be a member of the Association for at least 12 months prior to the date of nomination.
8. Any vacancy that may arise in the Executive committee may be filled in by the remaining committee members.
9. Any member of the Executive committee being absent for three successive meetings without proper cause shall cease to be a member of the Executive committee.
10. The Executive committee is to meet every month or earlier is any business to consider and the Secretary shall convene such meetings 2/3rd shall quorum.
11. The executive committee in its meetings shall consider the entire question affecting business that may be of interest to the members of the Association and they shall inform and circulate any information, which may be of use to the members.
12. INVESTMENT: -
The funds of the Association shall be invested in the modes specified under the provisions of Sec.13 (1) (d) r.w.s.11 (5) of the I.T. Act, 1961 as amended from time to time.
13. ACCOUNTS: -
There shall be maintenance of accounts of the Association a Chartered Accountant shall duly audit the accounts. The Accounts shall be closed 31st March every year
Provided that no amendment to the Memorandum of Association, Rules and regulations of the Association shall be made which may prove to be repugnant to the provisions of Sec.2 (15), 11, 12, 13 and 80G of the Income Tax Act, 1961 as amended from time to time. Further no amendment shall be carried out without the prior approval of the commissioner of Income Tax.
In the event of dissolution or winding up of the Association the assets remaining as on the date of dissolution shall under no circumstances be distributed among the members of the Managing committee/Governing body but the same shall transferred to another charitable Association /Association whose objects are similar to those of this Association and which enjoys recognition u/s.80G of the I.T. Act, 1961 as amended from time to time.
16. CLAUSE: 6:
The benefits of the Association shall be open to all irrespective of the caste creed or religion.
17. CLAUSE: 7:
The funds and the income of the Association shall be solely utilized for the achievement of the objectives and no portion of it shall be utilized for payments to the members by way of profit, interest and dividends.
18. Alteration or amendment of the Memorandum of Association shall be made as per Sec.9 of the K.S.R. Act, 1960.
19. Change of Name, Rules and regulations shall be made as per Sec.10 K.S.R. Act, 1960.
20. If the Dissolution of the Association arises Sec.22 and 23 of the K.S.R. Act, 1960 shall be followed.
21. Regarding the Amalgamation of the Association arises Sec.21 of the K.S.R. Act, 1960 shall be followed.
22. For the matters, which have not been specified, provided to therein above, the provisions of the K.S.R. Act, 1960 and the Rules made thereunder shall apply.
23. The working hours of the Association will be from: -
Morning: 10.00 A.M. To Evening: 06.00 P.M.
24. EXECUTIVE POWERS OF THE COMMITTEE:
The administration and management of the association shall vest in the executive committee consisting of (12) Members including President, Vice Presidents, Secretary, Joint Secretaries, Treasurer and Executive Committee Members of the association.
- He/ She shall be in overall charge of the association and the General body meetings. All the policies and programmers shall be formulated and implemented only through him/her.
- He/ She shall be the correspondent of the association and shall be in charge of the office with all the records of the association. And any legal disputes or questions from courts / commissions, government authorities or any public will be attended, answered on behalf of the association.
- He/ She shall be the custodian of all articles and belonging both movable and immovable of the Association.
- He/she shall file with the Registrar of Societies, Bangalore relevant records of the Association for every year stipulated time without fail.
- Any other powers entrusted by the Executive Committee by Resolution.
He/she shall assist the President in general; in the absence of the President he/she shall assume the charge of the President.
The Secretaries shall call meetings of the Executive Committee whenever necessary for the transaction of the business before them; and shall arrange special meetings when required to do so by any five members thereof, specifying the business to be transacted, provided at-least five days’ notice is given. The Secretaries shall with the consent of the Executive Committee, convene meetings of the General Body of the Association whenever necessary. The Executive Committee whenever it considers it necessary may decide to have a General Body meeting and the Secretaries shall convene it in pursuance of that decision and maintain the minute’s book and record of all the proceedings of the meetings.
He/she shall assist the Secretary in general; in the absence of the Secretary he/she shall assume the charge of Secretary.
Treasurer will issue an official receipt to all types of monetary or non-monetary donations, gifts, membership fees, contributions etc. and all collections shall be deposited promptly within three days with such bank or banks as decided by the Executive Committee and submit a report to the next executive committee meeting.
The Treasurer shall maintain all the accounts and take steps for audit of the association as per the prevailing rules in time, and submit reports to meetings.